Thursday, July 1, 2010

Fate ordains that dearest friends must apart.

I think I got a lot of friends but I don’t hear from them. What's another night all alone when you're spending every day on your own? It's funny how many things have changed this year. How many friends I've cycled through, and how many have been there all along. Some say that time changes. Best friends can become strangers. I saw our photos today and realized how far apart we’ve grown. I accidentally found that picture and I kept staring at it, got me thinking. I'm not sad. I just don't know what happened to us. I know I should talk to you and ask you how you’re doing. And I really wish I could. But it’s just occurred to me that we’re strangers now. You don’t know me anymore, much less want to, and it’s okay that you’ve moved on. I know that everything’s different now. I’ve been staying strong. Slowly as the days go by, I lose friends i never thought i would.

I wonder where the friendship went. What about the days and the memories we spent? Now it feels like I’m being replaced. Now it feels like I don’t know you. As the thoughts change and times rearrange, I don't know who u are anymore. I've learned that things change, people change, and it doesn't mean you forget the past or try to cover it up. It simply means you move on and treasure the memories. Letting go doesn't mean giving up, it means accepting that some things weren't meant to be. Even with the best intentions, growing apart might just be an inevitable part of growing up. It’s no one’s fault, so there’s nothing to feel guilty about. It’s just the way things are.

Through the rough times there's always going to be those people who pretended to to be there for you when it was convenient for them. Then there's those who never left your side in the first place. Through everything they stayed there and made things seem so much better. It's these people you never forget, and it's these people you stay with when they're going through tough times themselves. Here's a thing; a true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the smile on your face.

Our lives have taken us in so many different directions since we first became friends, and yet our friendship has remained a lasting bond that keeps us from drifting too far apart. We've been there for each other in good times and bad, with support and sympathy, laughter and love. As I think about our friendship, I realize it is one of the things I cherish most about my life, and today, I just wanted to be sure you knew it too :-)

No comments: